| Audio File || |
The Department of Occupational Medicine of Mashhad University of Medical Sciences started working with four faculty members in the School of Medicine in 2011. Since October 2012, an assistant has also been employed in this department. One of the actions of this department is establishment of a specialized clinic of occupational medicine, which is considered as the main reference for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of work-related diseases. The clinic is currently working with the faculty members of the Department of Occupational Medicine and provides specialized Occupational Medicine services (including examinationsat the beginning of employment, periodic examinations, visits by referral patients from industrial units and legal counseling) by having the appropriate diagnostic, educational and therapeutic services, which provides a good educational environment for the training of assistants of this field.
Objectives and Perspectives of the Department of Occupational Medicine:
1. Collaboration with other educational departments of the university to train specialist assistants, train medical students, and paramedicine, health care in the field of occupational diseases, ergonomics, and occupational health.
2. Development of specialized occupational medicine services using all the potential and available facilities in schools, educational hospitals and health centers under supervision of university.
3. Integrated management of university equipment and specialized facilities of the university and aggregation of services in a single specialized center
4. Carrying out research activities with the collaboration of other departments, organizations, and industries in the field of occupational medicine
5. Planning to maintain and improve the health of the staff of Mashhad University of Medical Sciences
6. Employment of skilled and experienced human resource in the department